Saturday, December 14, 2013

I'm back!

Wow, I haven't posted in quite a while. Lots going on, including a chronic illness (probably at least slightly based on my over-consumption of food in addition to an anatomical issue). Another thing that has happened is that we now have a second home in a warm place, and of course, we have purchased stuff for it. Some of the things have been purchased in second-hand stores and thrift shops, but there is a lot of new stuff.

Traveling is one challenge. While we try to bring stuff from House #1, there is a limited amount of room in the car (especially since the dog and his crate require significant space.) When we fly, we can bring even fewer things. And, sorry to say, there is a bit of a boredom/loneliness issue in a new place, so I shop. (Fortunately, there are many wonderful thrift/second-hand shops here, but that's not always where I go.)

Christmas shopping is another issue, but I'll discuss that in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment